7 best beard dye for black men in 2021
For those who are in a rush and want to avoid doing thorough research to find the best beard dye for black men, this article can save a lot of your time.
There is a saying that your beard is only as good as the beard dye you use. Well, some may suspect that I just made it up (and they will be right), but according to many male grooming experts, there is some truth in it, especially when it’s showing signs of premature greying.
If your beard is turning grey, there should not be any hesitation or confusion in resorting to a beard dye to maintain your usual self. While that black and silver appearance comes with its own gorgeousness, one can’t deny the youthful look a fully black beard can offer.
However, no two men have the same beard, nor do their dyeing needs, and this is specifically true for black men. People of African American origin or other colored races often boast different beard types than their white Caucasian or European friends.
Also, African American men usually experience their first aging sign in their hair before skin. Thanks to this unique genetic feature, black men can look younger for few more years effortlessly just by using the right beard dye they need.
But, chemical-free beard dye for black men is difficult to find. Some do not stay effective for a longer period after application, and the ones that offer long-lasting results, are usually laden with harsh chemicals.
Here in this brief piece, we tried to not compromise with either. Below you will find the best naturally formulated beard dye for black men that would give your beard a new life for a prolonged time without causing any harm to your skin or hair.
1. Men's Haircolor by Creme of Nature
It’s a simple beard dye with not many harmful and filler chemicals. Once applied, Men's Haircolor by Creme of Nature takes only five minutes to turn your greyed beard into a natural all-black appearance.
- Effective beard dye.
- Natural shea butter.
- No usual harsh dyeing chemicals.
- Requires a few applications to produce desired results.
2. Formula X by Blackbeard for Men
This one is not a conventional dye in its true sense, but we still included it in our list anyway as it solves one big problem for many. A lot of people don’t want to start dyeing their hair the moment they see the first grey strand in their beard. For many people, to dye or to accept gradual greying and move on is a big decision.
However, before turning to a permanent beard dye, some may want a temporary solution for an occasion or party. They may want something that will hide the greying successfully for a night and wear off the next day.
- A great temporary solution against greying.
- No irritant and harsh ingredients.
- Can be applied in seconds.
- Not a beard dye, but a cosmetic coloring agent.
- Doesn’t stay effective for more than a few hours.
- Cost can add up if used frequently.
3. Beard Dye by Grizzly Mountain
When we talk about 100% chemical-free beard dye for black men, no list is complete without Grizzly Mountain.
However, there are a few downsides as well. As the product solely depends on herbal ingredients, its effectiveness can vary.
- 100% herbal formulation with no chemical.
- Organic ingredients.
- Creates a natural black look.
- Inconsistent result.
- Mild skin issues can occur to some.
4. SilverFox by Godefroy
This product from the brand Godefroy is a rather unique one. Many don’t want to hide their greying beard, instead flaunt its grace. Unfortunately, not everyone experiences those lush bright silver-grey strands on their beard, but rather a sunburned brassy shade, which is not at all a desired look. What SilverFox Beard Brightener does is hide that brassy tones effectively and brighten the grey ones at the same time.
- Offers an evenly enhanced grey tone.
- Conditions beard and give it a lustrous look.
- Non-greasy product.
- Some may experience color inconsistency.
5. Dark & Natural by SoftSheen-Carson
This product is not only a conventional beard dye, but it comes with deep cleansing and conditioning properties as well, which makes it a shampooing dye.
Give this a try and your quest for the best beard dye for black men may end here.
- Specially formulated keeping black men in mind.
- Can choose from three common shades African Americans usually boast.
- No ammonia.
- Lasts longer than most other dyes.
- The messy and complicated application procedure requires protective gloves.
6. EzColor For Men by Bigen
This is another worthy contender in our pursuit of the best beard dye for black men, and we are going to explain why. Although it may not be an all-natural product, the product contains only tried and tested safe-to-use chemical elements that offer an effective solution without causing any harm.
- Comes with olive oil and aloe vera extract.
- Zero ammonia and permitted level of peroxide.
- Easier application procedure.
- Not ideal for every skin type.
7. Mustache & Beard by Just For Men
Just For Men brought this beard dye aiming African American population and it is explicitly designed to address and dye coarse hair. One can apply the product quite easily and the process doesn’t take more than a few minutes.
- Application is straightforward.
- Available in 12 shades.
- Lasts around 4 weeks.
- Uses chemical dyeing agents that may not be ideal for sensitive skin types.
Wrapping it up
The products we have reviewed here come with their own set of advantages and drawbacks and none is perfect for every skin and beard type. If one is seeking the best beard dye for black men, they need to select one based on their specific needs and only according to dermatologist’s suggestion. Its valid for beard as well as hair.