Is Neutrogena Cruelty Free?

4 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Anshul Benjwal
(@anshul)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Many people are asking the question of whether this company, which has been around for over 80 years, is cruelty-free. Neutrogena claims to be committed to using only non-animal tested products, but there are other companies that are not testing on animals either and don't make any animal welfare commitments.

Is Neutrogena Cruelty-Free?

Neutrogena claims to be a cruelty-free company, but is this really the case? The official statement on their website reads: "Our commitment as Ben Franklin Partners of NEUTROGENA® has always been to make products with and for people. We recognize and respect that individuals have different points of view and that some consumers may choose to avoid animal testing. We hope our commitment to the end-use consumer will reassure you."

There is no mention of a word on animal testing in their corporate social responsibility report (2008). 

It is very likely that Neutrogena has donated money or samples, but they may not have had any actual input on the process of testing on animals.

Their parent company, Johnson & Johnson has been involved in animal testing for many years, but since 2010 they are moving towards using non-animal tested products whenever possible. J&J only makes vague claims about their animal testing policies "we are committed to reducing our use of animals in safety testing" and "we will complete this transition to humane and modern methods in coming years".

It's difficult to understand exactly what the situation with Neutrogena is, but they may not be cruelty-free after all.

Posted : 06/01/2022 3:06 pm

Maira Sheikh
(@maira-sheikh)

Neutrogena is a trustworthy name for skin products and its products always take top places when rated. I agree with you in the case if it is a cruelty-free product or not. I did neutrogena products review and used them and they offered me great experience. Now I am a regular buyer!

Posted : 14/05/2022 11:44 am
admin reacted

James Watson
(@james-watson)

@maira-sheikh Neutrogena is Not cruelty-free.

Posted : 14/05/2022 12:05 pm

Maira Sheikh
(@maira-sheikh)

@james-watson Yes I found this. Thankyou.

Posted : 14/05/2022 12:07 pm