Every year, the first week of September is being celebrated as the National Nutrition Week.
As the name explicitly suggests, this National Nutrition Week is all about the importance of nutrition for the human body.
The main incentive of this annual occasion is to raise awareness amongst normal people and make everyone realize how major a role nutrition plays for our body.
Starting from 1st September to 7th September, it’s a week-long celebration to seek people’s attention and to help them focus on nutrition even more.
So they can give nutrition primacy over everything else and make it a part of their daily diet.
National Nutrition Week 2020
Nutrition is an essential part of our daily life and is a prerequisite when it comes to our body growth. But people around the globe, especially children, suffer from the lack of nutrition. A major of which can be seen within India.
Nutrition is an uncommon word for Most people of India and the children that reside within the country get to pay for that.
As per the National Family Health Survey (2014-2015) 38% of the children below age 5 suffer from stunting, wasting and underweight. All that get precipitated due to malnutrition. So it’s not hard to understand why this National Nutrition Week gets the time slot of a week. It’s all to raise awareness among people and make them realize how major a role nutrition plays in a human body and the devastating scenario malnutrition can ignite.
You Can Also Read This Related Topic
Importance Of National Nutrition Week
In a country like India where the major portion of population is below the poverty line and children residing in every corner of the country don’t even get adequate amounts of food, celebrating a festival like National Nutrition week is mandatory. Thanks to this National Nutrition Week festival, People below the poverty line are getting provided with basic food grain. Also several NGOs around the states are getting open to support this movement.
All of these support one goal cumulatively. That is to make everyone aware of the perfect diet plan that our body needs and how much our body is prone to lacking nutrition. These campaigns help a raft of people of India to realize the necessity of nutrition which is something that most people of India aren’t even aware of.
Our body basically needs two types of nutrients i.e. macronutrients and micronutrients.
You Can Also Read This Related Topic
Importance Of Good Nutirents :
- Maintains our healthy body
- Maintains the immune system
- Delays the effect of ageing
- Increase your energy level
- Lower high cholesterol
- Reduce the risk of heart diseases.
National Nutrition Week Themes
Nutrition is an essential part of one’s life and lack of it can precipitate several issues in our body. Proper nutrition is what helps you live your daily busy life and deal with all your exhausting works. People often forget to adhere to a healthy diet which can lead to deficiency of proper nutrients. That’s why National Nutrition week gets held annually to raise awareness in the society. Every year National Nutrition Week focuses on a particular theme and this capricious theme gets cited in detail in several schools and campuses for this one week.
Recent Year Themes Are As Follows :
- Theme for National Nutrition Week for the year 2011 was : “Smart feeding from the start”.
- Theme for National Nutrition Week for the year 2012 was : “Key for the healthy nation awareness of the nutrition”.
- Theme for National Nutrition Week for the year 2013 was : “Dinner time project – eat, cook and enjoy”.
- Theme for National Nutrition Week for the year 2014 was : “Aahar our poshak desh ka aadhar”.
- Theme for National Nutrition Week for the year 2015 was : “Development key : good nutrition ”.
- Theme for National Nutrition Week for the year 2016 was : “Life cycle approach for better nutrition”.
- Theme for National Nutrition Week for the year 2017 was : “Optimal infant and young child feeding practices : better child health”.
- Theme for National Nutrition for the year 2018 was : “Go further with food”.
- Theme for National Nutrition Week for the year 2019 was : “Har ghar poshan vyavahar”.
- And this year’s (2020) theme for the National Nutrition week is : “Eat right, bite by bite”.
And this year’s theme for the National Nutrition week hasn’t been announced yet.The particular theme every year carries out a special message that helps people realise how important nutrition is for not only children but also for every person who has to work hard and live an exhausting life. These emblematic themes serve a special purpose and that is to enlighten everyone with adequate knowledge so that no child gets to be the next target of malnutrition.
Facts About National Nutrition Week
Every year the board of food and nutrition picks a particular topic for the National Nutrition Week through its 43 community food and nutrition extension units.The food and nutrition board had launched National Nutrition Week for the first time in 1982, and the week is given a specific theme.Around half of our country’s population is malnourished.
Ngos run campaigns throughout the whole week in rural areas, villages and small towns. On march 8, 2018, PM Narendra Modi had launched “Poshan” to promote awareness among people and with the vision to make India malnutrition free by 2022.According to a report, nearly 159 million children below the age of 5 are undernourished.