Love it or hate it but you have to admit, Lemons are an essential part of our daily diet. Especially if you are in the alacrity of losing those extra pounds of your body. Even with the exemption of that part, it still is beneficial in a raft of ways, considering it is enriched with vitamin c.
But what happens when you integrate lemon with water?
Does it provide us with equitable benefits for the betterment of our welfare?
There’s a famous adage
“If life gives you lemon, make lemonade”by Dale Carnegie.
But the question arises is, should you really be making lemon water from that lemon. Will it conduce your health anyhow?
Well that question doesn’t have any anecdotal reply till this date and the evidence supporting lemon water’s health benefit is still in an impeachable state.
While there’s several ongoing scientific researches which purport the benefits of lemon and water but that exist on the benefits of lemon and water separately.
Join Our Discussion
Sign up/ Login Today
I saw some restaurants serving lemon water routinely and plenty of people are substituting tea or coffee with lemon water every morning. We did some research on the myths encompassing lemon water and its benefits and stumbled upon these 8 benefits of lemon water which just might benefit your health.
1. Lemon water is enriched with Vitamin c
- I Vitamin c is one of the most imperative vitamins that is necessary for the growth, repair and development of our body tissues. It is involved in many body functions, including formation of collagen and immunity systems.
- I Lemon is high in vitamin c which is a primary antioxidant that helps protect cells from damaging free radicals.
- Vitamin c can also attenuate the risk of formidable diseases like cardiovascular disease, stroke and lower blood pressure
Some studies also suggest vitamin c can limit the duration of the common cold but the scientific on that is still anecdotal.
Lemon being one of the citrus fruits which provide an excessive amount of vitamin c, it can be exemplary for our health.
2. Lemon water is good for your skin
For all those seeking impeccable skin should get in the habit of drinking lemon water every day. There can be questions regarding the efficacy of this communique but the people drinking lemon water on a daily basis have stated this myth to be true. People have found noticeable changes in their skin after daily lemon water consumption.
- Vitamin c found in lemon helps to prevent or reduce skin wrinkles, damage from the harmful ingredients of sun and also dry skin from aging.
You might not be aware of this but your skin is losing moistures in every moment and is getting prone to wrinkles and dryness. The benefits of water is controversial but some recent research has proven that citrus based drinks are beneficial for your skin in preventing wrinkles and dryness.
Your skin pays the most crucial part in deciding your appearance. So, taking good care of it is a prerequisite. So, if you are seeking healthy looking skin then i am suggesting you to take lemon water on a daily basis.
3. Weight loss is one of the most imperative benefits of lemon water
Among several impeachable myths about the benefits of lemon water, this one is believed to be absolutely true and something you can count on. If that little extra pound of yours is bothering you then this habit of daily consumption of lemon water might just be the thing for you.
There’s several researches that were held on captive mice and the resultant of that is what led us to believe this myth to be true.
- These studies have shown that the polyphenol antioxidants found in lemons substantially reduces weight gain in mice.
We can’t be utterly sure about this because of the lackadaisical experiments done to humans and this purported theory seems more anecdotal than accurate. But according to some people this daily habit significantly helped them to reduce extra fat from their body.
4. Reduces chance of Kidney Stone
Kidney stones are resultant of waste products that culminate into small lumps after a long time of unnoticed build up inside the kidney. They are pretty common and some people get this repeatedly.
- It is shown that citric acid may prevent kidney stones by increasing urine volume and increasing urine ph, curbing substantive chances of kidney stone formation.
Take 1 – 2 cup (125m approx) of lemon juice per day. That should provide you with enough citric acid to help prevent stone formation.
5. Keeps your heart healthy
One lemon provides you with 31 mg of vitamin C which is almost 51% of the reference daily intake (RDI).
Yes, you heard that right. It’s staggering how lemon water can alleviate your heart condition and lower your chance of heart disease and stroke.
So, getting this habit will be beneficial for your heart in the long run.
6. It helps in digestion
Ayurvedic medicine says the sour lemon taste helps to stimulate your agni and jump starts the digestive system, allowing you to digest food more easily.
7. Lemon water prevents cancer
Lemon water may might prevent the risk of cancer. It is based on the premise that some cancer cells can not thrive in an alkaline environment.
8. Kills the bad smell of your breath
- If your mouth got spoiled by eating foods with bad smell then using lemon water might be the best solution for getting rid of that skeevy smell.
- You can drink a glass of lemon water after your meal or the first thing in the morning to reprieve yourself from that bad smell.
This concludes my list of the benefits of lemon water. While segment of it is considered as nothing but myth but we can’t elude the fact that lemon water has a raft of potential health benefits. Even if you brush aside everything on the list you still need hydration throughout the whole day. So, why not pour a little amount of lemon juice in your plain water and get some extra benefits from it as an adjunct. There’s no loss in that right?
So, surely there’s more benefits of lemon water than you realize.
If you’re eating vegetables, fruits on a daily basis then lemon water will do too little to ameliorate the nutrition but if you’re not then my friend you should get this habit of mixing lemon juice with your daily lukewarm water and drink it first thing in the morning or after meal and the results might startle you.