Coronavirus outbreak is for real, and unfortunately, the infection has successfully traveled to different corners of the world. The infection of Coronavirus originated in the populated area of the Wuhan district in China. It is now spreading to other parts of Asia as well, and India has not remained untouched. India confirmed its first case of coronavirus in Kerala on 30th January.
The first infected victim was a student who has just traveled from China to the Thrissur district of Kerala. The student was studying at Wuhan University and has been tested positive for Coronavirus. Thus, the scare of Coronavirus in Kerala is for real, and the authorities have come into full action to confront the spread of the disease.
Kerala Government Takes Steps To Tackle The Outbreak Of Coronavirus
The Kerala Government is not deterred by the first confirmed case of Coronavirus. The Kerala state government has adopted a mission mode to prevent further spread of Coronavirus. The Central Government has also extended its full help for Kerala fighting Coronavirus.
These are the steps taken by the Kerala government for tackling the increasing cases of Coronavirus.
- Kerala’s Health Minister KK Shailaja has advised people who have returned from China to report themselves to the medical organizations.
- The minister has also requested these travelers to keep away from public gatherings and special occasions.
- The state government has also requested the inhabitants not to panic and not to spread unnecessary rumors regarding the illness.
- The first case of the female student is being treated at an isolated ward at the Government Medical College located in Thrissur.
- The government has also kept its private hospitals geared up to meet any emergency..
- There have been 1,053 cases of people who are being treated in isolation at the nearby hospitals.
World Health Organization Declares Coronavirus As Health Emergency
Looking at the widespread outbreak of the Coronavirus illness in different parts of Asia, WHO has declared it to be a health emergency. WHO chief maintained that Coronaavirus was declared an emergency because it was spreading quickly to other countries as well and is not limited to China only. Observing the warning given by WHO, the United States has advised its citizens against traveling to China. As per the records, at least 213 people have expired due to the illness and there have been 10,000 reported cases of the infection. Also, there have been 98 cases of the contamination in other Asian countries with no deaths reported so far.
Coronavirus Treatment And Symptoms
Coronaviruses are basically a family of viruses that can lead to infections in the human body ranging from the common cold to SARS. The virus infects your sinuses, nose, and upper throat. In some cases, patients have even reported diarrhea as a symptom of the illness. Though most of the coronaviruses are not dangerous, if they remain unattended or infect the internal organs, they may get hazardous.
Some of the common symptoms of Coronavirus are:
Fever in some cases
Facing difficulties in breathing
Though the incubation period of the said virus remains unknown, the experts maintain that it may be between 10 to 14 days.
Precautions Against Coronavirus: A Major Step Towards Coronavirus Treatme
Unfortunately, there has been no vaccine developed to prevent or treat Coronavirus until now. Though the medical fraternity is striving hard to develop a vaccine, but there has not been any breakthrough till now. Well, there are some ways which can help you to prevent any kind of infection. Coronavirus treatment includes these basic steps of precautions:
- Refrain from traveling to China;
- Cover your nose and face when coughing;
- Always wash your hands when you sneeze or cough;
- Also, wash your hands and face when you visit a public place.
- Do not reuse a one-time mask after using it.
- When you seek medical assistance, make sure to share your travel history.
- If you have recently visited China, make sure to stay in a separate room, and limit your contact with family and friends.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, or nose when you visit a public place.
- Drink plenty of liquids, such as water.
- If you are feeling mildly sick, you should visit a doctor immediately and take ample rest.
- Take mild fever as well as sore throat medications as soon as you feel the symptoms.
The Battle Continues
Coronavirus in Kerala is a deadly reality that is being taken seriously by the Indian Government. Health professionals and volunteers have been prepared to combat the illness effectually. The state government is adamant about defeating the deadly virus and keep the population safe.