How To Shave Without Cutting Yourself?

0 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Anshul Benjwal
(@anshul)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Anxiety can be a huge obstacle when it comes to shaving your legs. There are so many razor choices, techniques, and products, but you still can't help but feel like you might cut yourself or take too much off. We all know the feeling of stubble coming back before we've even finished our shower-now imagine if you were doing this in front of a mirror for the first time. Here are some tips on how to avoid getting cuts while shaving without cutting yourself!

It can be intimidating to shave in front of a mirror for the first time.  At least, it always has been for me!  I find myself wondering if I'm shaving too much at once or not getting everything.

1.) Use shaving cream/gel

This might seem obvious if you've ever shaved before but using some form of lubricant helps you to avoid getting cuts.  I like using the shaving cream that comes in a can because it does two things for me which are 1) I can see whether or not I've covered all parts of my legs and 2) It doesn't fall off so quickly so I don't feel like I need to keep reapplying.

2.) Shave upward

Shaving downward may seem easier, but this isn't necessarily true.  By shaving upwards with your hand placed at an angle you're able to see more easily what you're doing and avoid getting cut. If possible try holding the razor by both ends with your dominant hand to get even closer shaves than just using the end!

3.) Rinse your blade frequently or use a fresh one

Just as you need to keep reapplying shaving cream, you should rinse the razor often to avoid getting small nicks and cuts so close together.  I usually try to do this every time I go over a section once- if not twice. As for choosing a new blade, so much comes down to preference but if you want something that won't irritate your skin then choose one with fewer blades!

4.) Rinse your legs in cold water after shaving

After you've finished up shaving, rinse any remaining cream off and rub your arms against each other (like when putting lotion on) to make sure all the hairs are gone. Then run your arms under cold water for 30 seconds.  Coldwater can make your legs and skin feel tighter and doing this helps to close the pores and avoid getting cuts.

5.) Use a moisturizing lotion or oil

Using some type of moisturizer after you've showered is another great way to prevent ingrown hairs and irritation from shaving. I like using L'Oreal Sublime Glow because it has Argan Oil which acts as a natural antioxidant that helps with the freshness of my shave, not just on my legs but also on my face! Plus, by using oil you're less likely to get cut because there's no cream for the razor to catch on.

6.) Shave in front of a mirror instead of a bathtub

If you can shave in front of a mirror!  This might take some getting used to but it's the only way you'll be able to see all parts of your leg. Plus, if there's no water it doesn't matter so much if you drop the razor because it's easier to find and isn't covered in shaving cream/lotion.

I hope this helps anyone who has ever freaked out about shaving their legs!  Shaving is important for maintaining clean and smooth-looking skin- especially during summertime! If you have any tips on how to shave without cutting yourself please share them with us below.

Posted : 26/12/2021 10:05 am