What is Aarogya Setu?
Aarogya Setu is a mobile-based application developed by the Government of India.
The app was launced on 2nd April 2020. It was devisedto make vital health care services and information available to all Indians.
It empowers them with awareness against the COVID-19 crisis.
This application is an initiative of the Indian Government and the Department of Health to connect with the app users.
It gives them the knowledge about Coronavirus, the risks involved and ways to prevent its community spread.
It raises the level of alertness if one is in the surrounding of someone affected with Coronavirus by using Bluetooth and GPS technology.
It is available in 11 languages. With Aarogya Setu available for both Android and iOS user, the app has seen over 50 million downloads.
Download the app from following links.
Apple store – https://apps.apple.com/in/app/aarogyasetu/id1505825357
How Aarogya Setu app functions
The Indian Government is actively taking steps to fight the global crisis of COVID-19.
The most vital contributing factor to contain the spread of the pandemic is observing the precautions laid by the Ministry of health and family welfare. Aarogya Setu app is a device used for self-testing.
The user of the app has to answer to a set of questions, which relate to the coronavirus symptoms. If the user is experiencing symptoms like fever, cough, and difficulty in breathing they have to state it in the survey.
This information is then sent to the government server system.
The app makes sure the name and numberof the user remain confidential with the government.
A short self-assessment test in addition to past foreign travel history is required to be shared.
After feeding all the data asked for, you get to know about the potential risk of infection.
After the set up of the account by a user is complete, the app demands steady Bluetooth connectivity and constant location data.
Benefits of using Aarogya Setu app
- The COVID-19 tracking application Aarogya Setuwas formulated by the National Informatics Centre (The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology) works on Bluetooth enabled technology.
- The risk is analyzed based on data available for the given location of each user.
- This Aarogya Setu app download is extremely helpful in keeping the users aware if they have crossed by COVID-19 affected area within a 6-feet closeness.
- This app offers a well-formulated guide about the essentials to fight against Coronavirus. It includes social distancing, the dos and don’ts, and self-assessment tests.
- The app keeps the users regularly informed about the precautionary measures, which can suitably be adopted.
- Aarogya Setu app regularly tracks your neighboring vicinity, it requires you to set your location to ‘always’.
- It can function as an e-pass to promote travel from one location to another.
- The app makes the users who are at a greater potential risk to get them tested at a nearby center and get assistance by dialing the toll-free number.
- The operational chat box is a tool to answer the questions related to the pandemic.
- For each state in India, the users are provided with the respective helpline numbers.
Rationalizing the importance of using the Aarogya Setu app
Each year on 31st May, WHO observes World No Tobacco Day.
It is an initiative to increase mass awareness on the detrimental effects of consuming tobacco and exposure to smoke.
The 21-day country lockdown has been increased by another 19 days.
Aarogya Setu app is a step to boost commitment to protect healthcare workers and ensure their safety.
The app reiterates the importance of maintaining hygiene factors for preventing the spread of coronavirus.
No Tobacco Day is adopted to protect the lung health of people around the globe.
It aims to minimize cases of lung cancer, respiratory diseases, tuberculosis, and other infections.
Guide to using the Aarogya Setu app download to your benefit
The Government of India has announced the second phase of lockdown till the 3rd of May.
It is increasingly being encouraged to install this application to track the movement of the users using the GPS and Bluetooth features.
Registration requires entering the personal data, age, occupation, and history of foreign travels in the past month (if any).
Thus, the Aarogya Setu app does not depend upon the human memory of the user.
This contact-tracking app is designed to alert the user if he is in close contact with a coronavirus affected person.
The app is carefully conceptualized to tackle Indians who rarely go for medical assistance.
It asks for sensitive information related to the health of a person.
The government particularly takes note of the data for people above the age of 60 years and who are at a higher risk of getting the virus.
In order to optimally use the app you simply require proper functioning technology coupled with the genuine use of the application.
This app successfully aids users by providing them with timely treatment and precautionary measures.
These are essential measures and should be observed if they come in the proximity of COVID-19 affected patients.
Reviewing the Aarogya Setu Application as a coronavirus tracking tool
The Aarogya Setu app is beneficial in ascertaining the impact of contact tracing and it is very user-friendly.
It pushes them to not step back from seeking professional medical care.
This app will also prove to be beneficial for the healthcare workers by keeping them informed about near contact with a coronavirus positive patient.
This app is a product of the Digital India initiative to combat and stand strong against the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Bottom Line
Aarogya Setu is a vital app and tool for self-assessment, self-monitoring, and self-report generation.
It alerts the users well in advance if they are in a high-risk area.
This app clearly lists the instructions about self-isolation.